Thursday 1 January 2015

Reflections On 2014

So it's been six months since I started the blog - now it's the new year and I thought that I'd have a look at the things I've made in 2014. In the summer I made a red floral skirt that I have never worn...



Then (Bad photo alert!) two costumes for me and Nathan....


 We went to a fancy dress party dressed as Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I was very proud of his waistcoat.


I made a gorgeous (even though I say so myself!) pair of curtains for my Mum's boyfriend Tom, who was very pleased with them. 


I drafted an A-line dress pattern that I cut out of a beautiful piece of tartan and then subsequently all of the pieces and my drafting notes...unfortunately I think this might have been the closest I actually came to sewing something I would actually wear...


And then came the tutorials - a Hallowe'en and Christmas Wreath one, which is still hanging on my front door!



 Then came Christmas itself.


I don't think I've sewn quite as much as I would have liked to, but then college, UCAS and relationships have got in the way of it - I am currently halfway through a nightie that I started at the end of October that I started and have spent an hour on it since...

In the future I intend to be much more organised with the blog and posting regularly, as I think that it will help me get back into sewing more.

I also intend to go to the fabric shop and buy more wonderful fabric (that'll be hopefully be on sale!) to inspire me.

How has 2014 been for you? Did you sew more or less than you thought you would?

Happy New Year,

Toni

No comments: