Monday 13 October 2014

Autumn/Winter All Sewn Up

So this supposedly quick sew has turned out to be a not so quick sew...but in my defense I have had my job inductions to do as well as all my college work, so there are my excuses for not having started sewing it yet.

Excuses aside, it has been cut out. Yes it has.


I'm going to start sewing it tonight! I'll have to go out and buy some woollen tights so I can wear it through the winter. Here's the other fabric I'm using for the front 'yoke' bit, it's a warm fabric that's grey. Now I think about it a black or a navy might work better, but other than the photo on my Pinterest board, I was inspired by a grey top that was similar in colour to the one I happened to have in my fabric box, so I thought 'hey, why not?' also as much as I love a navy, three quarters of the clothes I own seem to be blue, so I am very bored of navy at the moment.


I better get started, there will be a lot of pleating to do. See you on the other side, folks.

Next week, to celebrate the upcoming milestone of 500 page views I am uploading my (deep breath) first ever tutorial! It's perfect for adults but it also works brilliantly in miniature. It's quick and this makes it perfect for a kid's project as as well as being fast to make there is not much sewing going on...bit weird with this being Toni Sews Clothes, but I thought I'd start off simple. Tune in this time next week for a spooky DIY.

Toni

No comments: