Friday 13 June 2014

Toni Sews Clothes

So here it is, my first post. Hello internet!

This is going to be my little corner of the online world. I'm so looking forward to getting started!

Hello there. I am Toni, and I sew my own clothes (if you hadn't got that from the title...) some are a beautiful success, which are the ones I wear proudly to meet friends and family in. Some go horribly, disastrously wrong. Which isn't good, because that means that fabric has gone to waste. And that makes me sad. But I guess that is what comes with being a self taught seamstress, even after four years or so things will still go wrong. But then you learn from your mistakes, and the next garment is better than the last.

I hope to use this space as a record of all the things I will be sewing. I also draft my own patterns, as being nearly six foot tall you realise that the patterns you buy in the shops always need editing much more than you think they would, and so you just end up making them from scratch. I thoroughly enjoy it though, it makes the process even more rewarding as then the item is completely unique, and yours. So hopefully some pattern drafting tutorials will make it onto the blog, too.

In the past I have designed a couple of t-shirts for the menswear company Fifteen Eleven, so with a bit of luck perhaps some exclusive gossip will be featured, but I am not promising anything!

I know this all seems so quiet now, I apologise, as I am in the middle of my A2-level exams as I type this, and so I would love it if you would check out my Pinterest page, my Tumblr page (yes, it is very, very naked at the moment!) or my Facebook page. I am really excited about this space, so watch it!

You can contact me through the comments section, or you can email me at tartantonaay@gmail.com.

Toni

No comments: