Tuesday 17 June 2014

Embroidering my Ring Leader Jacket

So today I realised that I have been living in Chesterfield for just over a year now! How crazy is that? Where has the time gone? It doesn't seem that long ago...

Anyway. I remember that on the first dog walk ever I noticed that there was some graffiti sprayed on the underpass that leads to the park. So today, a year later, I finally went to get some photos. Unfortunately, it's looking a lot worse for wear than it did a year ago, have a look...(featuring a little appearance from Monts in the bottom left!)



Now for the past few years my mates and I have been to Shambala Festival and we have started taking the dressing up a little too seriously...I love it! We even have a communal and we also have individual 'shamwardrobes'.


One item of mine that I am not too happy with is my 'ringleader' jacket, which is a little too big for me on the shoulders. When I first bought it it had two massive shoulder pads in, which I traded for smaller ones so it would fit me better, but it's still not right. It's also too big on the top arm and around that general area as you can see in this photo.


One reason I liked the jacket in the first place was that it was red, because I'm easily pleased like that, and it was double breasted. The other was that I got it for just a fiver in the really expensive vintage shop in Sheffield!


Anyway, back to the post, I'm going to pimp the jacket. After making it fit, of course! It needs some new buttons to start with. And an iron, by the look of these photos.

As soon as I saw the graffiti I instantly thought 'lapels!' and so perhaps the flowers will end up on the jacket's. I think they would look great embroidered on...but I confess, I hate hand sewing, I really do. So, the thing in question is is that can I keep up something I hate for something fabulous as a result?

I don't know if I can. I also don't have any embroidery thread in my stores at the moment. Fortunately I need to fix the jacket first, then edit the images, so it will be a while yet until I have to start embroidering. I will put a tutorial up on how to simplify images so you can use them as patterns, when it happens.

Completely unrelated to jackets, on the walk to take the pictures I found this pretty little egg that will probably end up featured in some sort of post sometime. (And now I've said that, it probably won't...) but hey, I like it. So there you go, have an egg. 


Expect the next post soon.
Toni

No comments: