Sunday 5 April 2015

It's Easter Time!

Happy Easter everybody! Hope you have all recieved tasty gifts from your friends and family - if you're not feeling sick by eight o'clock tonight you're not doing it right!


As a little treat for myself instead of chocolate I've taken Easter off from the blog and I've realised how nice it is having time off! It seems like my life is so fast at the moment I've actually had time to stop and think about what I like doing. 

And from this reason from now on I've decided to hold back on the blog due to lack of time I have at the moment.


I have a place on a costume course at Nottingham Trent next year and I know that at university it will be a lot easier for me to blog as I will be spending most days sewing for the course. I will have more time from September as I will be leaving my job behind and I am really looking forward to spending the majority of my time making clothes after years of trying to fit my passion in around my schoolwork.

I do want to sew and to carry on blogging until I got to university as I enjoy it and I need to keep my eye in, despite my current lack of free time. Currently my college work is going up a gear, I am on the final part of the course which is very demanding and so I'm finding it a problem fitting sewing in around my blog, my relationships and my part time job. I also need to fit in me time to treat myself and relax!

As well as all this posting alongside being creative on my course is sapping my imaginative juices - I feel under pressure to post which shouldn't happen and so I am not enjoying blogging. The fact is is that I started the blog to share my creativity and communicate with fellow makers, and I don't have the time at the moment to do it all properly so blogging is becoming a chore.

I just have the time at the moment to blog once every five days, but this means late nights and it's not worth the stress. Ideally I would like to post twice a week as it would be on the same days each week, which is better for readers as they can expect a post on those days reliably, instead of the current confusion of once every five days, but as you can probably tell this isn't feasible in my current situation.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to blog once a week on a Friday, as it's less confusing and less stressful for me. It's also useful for me as I can have a specific TS sewing night, which is better organised and more practical, as well as useful for my headspace. My spare time I have will be better used for social networking and communication, as well as sewing!

I hope you have a really good Bank holiday weekend and I'll be back blogging next Friday! 

Toni

No comments: