Friday 17 April 2015

Attack of the Buttons

Due to my art being more demanding (I've been making a crinoline today!) sewing wise it has become more alterations and editing existing clothing rather than making them from scratch. This has its upsides though, I'm slowly converting the amount of unworn clothing I have inherited from friends into wearable projects.


This week, it's a black Topman shirt in a medium, which fortunately fits me really well - the sleeves are long enough, and there's adequate boob room despite there being a bit too much fabric in the waist area. Fortunately for me, I normally tuck shirts in, so this isn't too much of a problem.

But what to jazz it up with? That is the question! 


Buttons? Of course!


Thanks to Dawn for the buttons (and Jenny for the shirt - I think mum's argument that I'm becoming a charity now has a little too much evidence for my liking) there were thirty in total, and I thought the buttons looked a little lost so I went through my tin to see if I had any others that matched the colour scheme.


I did, and managed to double the numbers so they didn't look so lost on the shirt. An hour or so later, the shirt was definitely jazzy! 



Cowboy shirt anyone? 



I was planning on making it a little more feminine (perhaps taking the collar off, then adding cap sleeves and waist shaping) but I haven't quite got around to that bit yet. I also haven't decided if there's enough fabric in the shirt for waist shaping, so that could all change. Well, knowing me I might not even keep the buttons! 

Toni

No comments: