Monday 29 September 2014

Drafting Blocks is Hard Work

Following on from last week's update I've just about finished putting the final touches to my bodice block, with my much simpler skirt block soon to follow. Here it is so far, only the waist shaping to draft on, which of course, depends on what I'm making out of it later...


I'm so excited to get started again, as I've not been doing much sewing recently. I haven't quite thought about what I want to start with, but these are some of my favourites from my Pinterest board:




Recently I've been wanting things with slightly more fabric in, as I love the flow and the weight of the garments whilst you're wearing them. Obviously with the tops I would have to put sleeves in them, as I truly am very good at getting cold!

As I was scrolling through my Clothing Inspiration (to follow me on Pinterest click the 'Pinterest' link on the toolbar above this post, then click the red 'Follow' button in the top right hand corner. It will ask you to log in if you're not already, if you haven't got an account you'll need one.) I thought it might be a good idea to have a specific 'Sewing for the Blog' board, which can now be found here.

I have a period of pattern drafting ahead of me...wish me luck and I'll see you on the other side!
Toni

No comments: