Monday 28 July 2014

A Costume Party

So after a week at the beach, I'm home.


Unfortunately the bikini didn't get finished and as we were by the sea it wasn't really warm enough to wear the skirt...so the photos will come later, hopefully it will stay warm!

Back to the sewing list. I have a party on Saturday, and I need a costume. Me and a friend are going as Disney's Beauty and the Beast and I'm pretty much making both of them. However we are hoping to find a blue jacket for Beast (we are going for the ballroom outfits as it is the most iconic...) as I don't have time to sew a jacket! For Beast I have already made a waistcoat and I intend to stick to the original design as much as I can.


For Belle I am intending to keep to the yellow, and I have a jewel for the centre front, but to get the beautiful ball gown I would have to spend a fortune on fabric, and I'm skint. Soo, my plan is to have the skirt just above the knee and wear stockings, but keep the fullness of the fabric.


My answer? Ruffles of course! I have a lot of work to do...


Toni

No comments: